Thursday, September 5, 2013

SUBORDINATION

I feel this photo uses subordination because, everything around the hay bail makes it a better point of focus. The secondary objects strengthen the dominant element very well.

I enjoy using subordination in my work because then the image isn't as plain, as it might have been, not using subordination. It makes the image more interesting, and really gets your eyes and brain exited. It also makes you think more about the picture, and what it's saying to you.
Original image taken by myself.

In my opinion this image expresses subordination very well, your brain uses the plant as a sort of baseline, and then your eyes wander off into the distance. After your eyes realize the beauty of the sunset, that is when you finally figure out that the sunset is actually the dominant element.
Original image taken by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment