Friday, September 6, 2013

RULE OF THIRDS

When I divided this photo into thirds vertically and horizontally the subject of the photo is intersected by two lines. This image fits the element of composition because the subject of the photo is right in the middle of the photo so it works perfectly.

I haven't really used the rule of thirds in my work yet, but I plan to because it directs the viewer to the four most important parts of the photo. It also makes the photo more balanced so the viewer's eyes will flow around the picture, instead of focusing on one main part and not seeing the beauty of the whole image.
Site: http://emmakatka-photography.blogspot.com/2011/07/tired.html


I chose this image for the "Rule of Thirds" element of composition because I felt it fit well, and it also was a beautiful image. Even though the subject of the image only falls under one of the vertical lines instead of two, I felt it still fit well for the category.

No comments:

Post a Comment